A Nod-made Scrin Ship has crashed into the outskirts of a barren area, featuring lots of thunderstorms, rain, and Tiberium. Both the Global Defense Initiative and the Brotherhood of Nod waste no time in deploying bases and fighting over control for the ship for their own purposes.
Nod, drawing upon the data from the Tacitus, created a spaceship based off Scrin technology. However, after a prominent Nod general flew the ship in his quest to pursue revenge, the ship crashed instead and landed off into a GDI area. Before the local GDI forces could recover useful information from the ship, Kane dispatches a Nod force to crush the nearby GDI base and build a base to protect the ship while Technicians work to figure out how to reboot the ship. However, GDI, not faltering from the initial loss, sends a convoy which builds another base on the other side. The battle for the Scrin Ship begins in earnest.
Rumors tell that the derilect Weapons Factory from the original GDI base may be still functional...
Infantry paths: The inside of the Scrin Ship is where infantries will able to go unhindered by vehicles. Each base has two entrances to the ship, and after walking through corridors, players will reach the central room. The door on the exterior of the ship take few seconds to open. Infantries are able to go down the stairs into the central room albeit it has no strategic value and it is purely aesthetic.
Vehicle paths: Vehicles leave the base from two exits and cross a field filled with rocky hills before reaching each others bases. At the center bottom of the map, they will reach a field of blue Tiberium and the Destroyed Weapons Factory. Technically, there are mostly two paths, the interior leading the front of the ship, and the exterior leading near the derelict base. Lastly, a Tiberium Silo is located on the front side of the ship.
Harvested Tiberium field: each faction harvests the big green field near the base.
Control of Destroyed Weapons Factory will assure a backup for vehicles should the team lose their vehicle production building, a lead on the field, and also control over the Silo at the same time. Taking the vehicle paths is a must to besiege the opponent base. After the tech building is safely guarded, an effort should be made to push the vehicles forward, to deny opponents the opportunity to capture the tech building and to prepare for assaulting the base.
Since the Scrin Ship interiors is large and its corridors are quite maze-like, just employing patrols at the exits will assure that no infiltrators will be able to sneak in. Infantry rushes should exercise caution while exiting the ship, since the door will only stay open for few seconds before it automatically closes, possibly cutting the rush in half; therefore it is advised to group up first and then leave the ship at the same moment.
Even with the automated defenses standing, it is still possible to infiltrate buildings such as the Tiberium Refinery and the Power Plant, albeit the defenses might fire at the infiltrator while sneaking by. It is recommended to bring down the automated defenses so they will not alert the opponent team.
Players who are sneaking can hide themselves behind the plethora of trees near the rock hills or on the front of the ship. Those going into the ship can possibly hide in the central room. Corridors themselves are small and they lack cover, yet there are at least two ways and several dead ends that will help in staying hidden.
Hiding in the enemy base will be easier without the automated defenses: GDI infiltrators may hide inside the little security outpost behind Nod's Power Plant, behind the containers near the Airstrip tower, or behind the trees near the Tiberium field. Nod infiltrators may hide behind the stack of containers near to the Weapons Factory or behind the trees near the Tiberium field.
Stealth Tanks may linger inside GDI's Tiberium field when the automated base defenses are down.
- The Scrin Ship in Crash Site is based off the one found in the mission "Defend Crash Site" in Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun.
- The central room is also based off the interiors as seen in the GDI cutscene after the aforementioned mission is completed.
- Inside the central rooms, there are monitors displaying sentences in Scrin language.
- In addition, there are three holographic world globes: two of them possibly show the presence of Tiberium in the specified territory; the third one is violet and covered with Scrin language ideograms.
- Occasionally, a meteor will fall down from the sky and strike the blue Tiberium field area in front of the ship. All infantry and vehicles lingering around the impact zone will be instantly killed.
- Also, the satellite dish near the entrance of the Nod base will fire a violet beam towards the sky periodically.
- If one looks closely enough inside GDI's Tiberium Refinery silo container, they will notice two Chemical Troopers standing inside.
- Also, on the back wall of Destroyed Weapons Factory, there is a skull and a list of credits.